Course Objective: The students will be able to identify the security threats, monitor them and employ the knowledge of security services and mechanisms to counter them.
- Recalling basic network protocols and identifying potential security issues in a network.
- Explain the foundational concepts of cryptography and associate them with classical cryptography .
- Utilizing the building blocks from mathematics to construct ciphers and algorithms, both symmetric and asymmetric, to achieve the basic goals of cryptography.
- Integrating cryptographic ciphers and algorithms to structure security protocols.
- Justify the operations of the cryptographic algorithms and protocols and verify them in practice, through experimentation with open-source libraries and tools.