The student will learn
· To formulate simple algorithms for arithmetic and logical problems.
· To translate the algorithms to programs (in C language).
· To test and execute the programs and correct syntax and logical errors.
· To implement conditional branching, iteration and recursion.
· To decompose a problem into functions and synthesize a complete program using divide and conquer approach.
· To use arrays, pointers and structures to formulate algorithms and programs.
· To apply programming to solve matrix addition and multiplication problems and searching and sorting problems.
· To apply programming to solve simple numerical method problems, namely rot finding of function, differentiation of function and simple integration.