Course Objective: To introduce the concepts and principles of compiler design and understand the various phases of designing a compiler.
Course Outcomes: After completion of this course the students are expected to be able to
demonstrate following knowledge, skills and attitudes:-
- Identify the major concept areas of language translation and compiler design and the different phases of compilation.
- Understand the functionality of lexical analysis and design of Lex tool used to develop scanner.
- Understand parsing and apply the knowledge of parsing in various parsers.
- Explain specification of type system and storage organization in run-time environment of a program.
- Discuss and apply the techniques of code optimization, machine code generation and symbol table.